I hope you all had a lovely Christmas/ holiday season and are settling back into routine. Lately I have been cooking a lot in my croc pot and I have a couple recipes I want to share with you!
I love being able to just throw dinner in, let it simmer, have it fill our home with a delicious smell and then voila, its ready to eat!
Last week I read a post or meme somewhere that was about recipe blogs and how the “author” or blog contributor writes a full novel before they get to the actual ingredients and directions and all people want is the damn recipes!! lol so I’ll cut to the chase and give you what you want right here.
The first one is a Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese soup…and OMG is it amazing!
- 3 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced shallots
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- Kosher salt, black pepper and hot sauce to taste
- 1 cup milk, I used 1% milk
- 6 ounces extra sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place the broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, shallot, garlic, salt, pepper, hot sauce and vegetable or chicken broth in the slow cooker.
- Stir everything together then cover with the lid and set to low.
- Cook for 6-8 hours or until the vegetables are very tender.
- Use an immersion stick blender or regular blender to purée the soup until it’s smooth.
- Add in the milk and cheese and blend until the cheese is melted and everything is combined.
- Blend in the Greek yogurt until combined and the soup is smooth.
- Taste for seasoning then serve.
and the second one for today is Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken….drool. This is even amazing leftover and cold. You can put it on rice, noodles or even in lettuce wraps. This is definitely a go-to for me now.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 3/4 cup chunky natural peanut butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less, to taste)
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Rice, rice noodles, or lettuce leaves, for serving
- Arrange chicken breasts in the bottom of a large slow cooker. In a medium bowl, stir together coconut milk, peanut butter, garlic, honey, soy sauce, lime juice, rice wine vinegar, and red pepper flakes; mix until (mostly) smooth) Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 5 hours (or until chicken is cooked through and tender but not overcooked, depending on the strength of your slow cooker). Reduce slow cooker temperature to WARM. Remove chicken from slow cooker, cut into chunks, and shred. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker to allow it to absorb sauce and heat through.
- Serve chicken and sauce over cooked white or brown rice, cooked rice noodles, or stuffed inside large lettuce leaves, as wraps. Garnish with chopped peanuts, fresh cilantro, and additional red pepper flakes, if desired
Peace, Love & Simplyb