Ok so here are the recipes of the food I posted in my Insta stories last week that a lot of you have been waiting for. Seriously, all of them are SO good! One of my favourite things to do is cook and try new recipes so Im always searching for new ideas and things to make in every category, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, croc pots etc.
Lets get to the ones I made last week,
These are just too easy and too good not to make. I don’t really follow any recipe for these ones I just add what I want and test it out. This last time I did, ground beef and ground pork (1 lb of each) Pork has a lot of flavour so I like to add that in but you could do all beef, or even chicken or turkey meatballs too! In my last batch I added:
-salt and pep
-a dash or two of soya sauce and maybe a couple dashes of other random sauces/flavours I have in my fridge.
-and you can add some spinach and/or parsley as well
**Mix it all together, take a small spoonful and shape them in the size you want. Place them on parchment paper on a baking sheet and cook at 350-400 (depending on your stove) for 15mins!
The keep their shape, super flavourful and you can add them to a sauce, eat them on their own, feed them to your little ones. Its a win with the whole fam!
#2. Tuscan Chicken
So many of you were asking about this one and it was a hit!
- 6 – 8 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs ( I actually used 4-5 boneless)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (80ml) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon rushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup Sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cup Spinach (chopped, packed)
1. Heat oil or butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for about a minute, until fragrant.
2. Add the cream and chicken broth. Bring to a gentle simmer, then set heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. The sauce should thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon.
3. Meanwhile, place the chicken at the bottom of your slow cooker. Season lightly with Italian seasoning, crushed red chili pepper flakes, sea salt, and black pepper. Top with sun-dried tomatoes.
4. When the cream sauce is ready, lower the heat and whisk in the Parmesan cheese, little by little until smooth. Adjust seasoning if as needed.
5. Pour the cream sauce evenly over the chicken thighs in the slow cooker. Try to get as much sauce as possible on top of the chicken and less on the bottom.
6. Cook for 3-4 hours on HIGH or 6-8 hours on LOW. When cooking time is over, remove gently the chicken from the slow cooker and set aside.
7. Turn the slow cooker on HIGH, if it isn’t already. Add the chopped spinach and stir for a few minutes, until the spinach wilts.
8. Return the chicken to the slow cooker, and spoon the liquid, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes on top, or just pour them over the chicken when serving. Serve the slow cooker Tuscan chicken over zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice for Keto and low carb diet, or rice, couscous, or pasta for non-Keto. Enjoy!
Note: Cooking garlic, cream, broth, and parmesan in the pan ensure the cream is well infused with garlic and stays smooth. If you don’t want to prepare the cream sauce on the side, you can put everything into the slow cooker and give it a quick stir before cooking.
#3. Strawberry Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bake
This one was amazing. It wasn’t super sweet or heavy (which can be kind of a bad thing because you could eat the whole loaf in one sitting) and I didn’t have any strawberries when I made it so I used blueberries instead. It takes about 10mins to prep (no time) and 35 mins in the oven. Easy Peasy.
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla almondmilk
- 2 tablespoons melted and cooled coconut oil, melted butter or melted ghee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup diced strawberries
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips, dairy free if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×9 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together mashed banana, eggs, Almond Breeze almondmilk, coconut oil and vanilla until mostly smooth. Next add in rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well combined. Finally gently fold in strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25-35 minutes until edges start to become slightly golden brown. Serve warm with a tablespoon of almond butter.
Hope you enjoy them and it inspires you to try some new things in the kitchen
-Peace, Love & SimplyB