Its that time of year where people think about everything they want to change in their life, what they want to improve on and what they want to let go of. Reflection of the past year is great, making plans and goals to move forward is powerful but sometimes people focus on the wrong solution and path to get them to where they want to be.
I think we can all guess what one if not the most popular New Years goal is—- weight loss. I LOVE helping people lose weight, feel better, gain energy and confidence and grow into the empowered and driven person that is deep inside them. That being said when most people do it on their own they automatically reference the scale, let it consume them and let it dictate their success. In reality the scale is usually causing you more stress which in fact makes it harder for you to lose weight.
Have you ever thought that the weight you need to lose might not be on the scale! Im going to give you a few things to think about before you start obsessing over your body and the extra weight you may carry. When you start to shed weigh in other areas of your life you will watch the scale go down in the most healthy, un stressful, positive way.
What does losing weight really meal to you? how is it going to make you feel? Is it really going to make everything in your life better? Is it going to make you a better person, a more successful person, a more liked person? Probably not. Is it going to make you more confident? maybe yes! BUT you know what else will make you more confident, happy, in charge and glowing?……
- ditch the scale and focus on losing your negative mindset instead of the pounds.
- Find AT LEAST 1 thing you love about yourself every day and recognize it. And don’t tell me there is nothing because there are lost of amazing things about you. (Refer back to the first point)
- Instead of always thinking” I can’t have that, have to avoid that food, not allowed too, stay away from this”. Focus on having more veggies, more fruit, more protein & healthy fats. When you change your mind and words to a more positive frame instead of the negative ones mentioned above the whole process doesn’t seem as daunting and stressful. When you consume more of the good stuff you will naturally have less of the bad stuff.
- Instead of digging deep into your pockets to buy the next best shake out there, the “magic program” and all that other BS, dig deep into your being, into your mind and find whats really been holding you back from achieving your goals. I guarantee its not that you don’t know a burger and fries isn’t a good choice and to eat protein and veg instead. You don’t need a shake diet, a special cleanse or any other product. You need to learn your triggers, be realistic and tune into your relationship with food and with yourself! You have to address the REAL deep down issues because that is where you will make REAL, LASTING change.
- Be active in any way! Movement is movement and any of it is good for you. Stop using time as an excuse because 10 mins is better than nothing. Not everything has to be intense and if you have the “all or nothing” mindset, you are setting yourself up for failure. When you move more, you feel better, when you feel better you want to eat healthier, the healthier you eat the better you sleep and the more you sleep the better your life will be! At MVMTS we don’t just get people strong and healthy in the gym we touch on lifestyle and nutrition so that all areas are covered because being your best self and performing at your optimal level means doing more than just eating healthy and working out.
Losing weigh isn’t the end all be all. Being kind to yourself, loving yourself, giving your body the nourishment it deserves- those things will have a much bigger impact on your life. So I want you to think about that and change your direction of things if need be. Whats been your drive to lose weight? Get rid of the damn scale and put your energy else where. When you let a number depict your happiness, your mood and your worth its not healthy and will NOT get you to where you want to be.
You have it in you to achieve what you want, just choose the right path, keep it positive and learn to love taking care of yourself, it should be treasure and not a chore.
Peace, Love & SimplyB