So lately Ive been inspired to make some vegetarian meals. I normally always cook with meat and wanted to try some new recipes and sources of protein!
Tonight I made this very delicious dish and had to share the recipe with you!
- 14 oz block firm non-GMO tofu, drained and pressed
- 2 cups of shaved Brussels sprouts*
- 1 TB olive or coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper
- 2 TB tamari (or soy sauce if not gf)
- 1 tsp olive or sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 TB tamari (or soy sauce if not gf)
- 1 TB rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 TB real maple syrup (grade A or B)
- 2 TB veggie broth or water
- 2 TB corn starch
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TB red pepper flakes (or less if you’re not as into spicy)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- After tofu is pressed for a least 15 minutes, cut into 1″ cubes.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients and marinate cubes for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- When tofu is almost done, add 1 TB of olive oil to pan along with Brussels sprouts and cook for about 3-5 minutes until done to your liking.
- Once tofu is ready, mix all of the sauce ingredients in saucepan and heat on very low heat for about 1-2 minutes. Take off heat as soon as it begins to bubble slightly.
- Coat tofu with sauce and serve with Brussels sprouts.
To shave Brussels sprouts you can use a mandolin or pulse them in batches in a food processor. You can also cut them finely.
This made roughly 2 portions. Next time I would definitely use more brussle sprouts, maybe even double the amount. Otherwise I would keep it the exact same, and I will definitely be making it again.
Give it a try, you will love it!
Peace, Love & SimplyB